Course: Inclusive Leadership: Working with Equality and Diversity
Leadership is about influencing others through personal attributes and behaviors, underpinned by emotional intelligence, to achieve prescribed outcomes; it is not about managing others.
Inclusive Leadership is about treating people and groups fairly based on their unique characteristics, rather than acting on biases derived from stereotypes.
It is also about personalizing individuals, understanding and valuing the uniqueness and differences of others while at the same time including them as members of the organization, networks and workgroups.
Inclusive Leadership is about utilizing the thinking of diverse groups for smarter ideas, solutions and decision making has the potential to provide different approaches and ways of working that move the organization forward.
This course will help you to develop and apply your skills as an inclusive leader. You will learn more about equality and diversity to grow your team and your organization, enhance their performance and improve your personal satisfaction.
You will learn
- What equality, diversity and inclusion means for inclusive leadership
- The impact of bias and unconscious bias inequality and diversity
- How to demonstrate the attributes of an emotionally intelligent, inclusive leader
- To inspire and foster respect through your work with equality and diversity
- To develop the ability to incorporate an inclusive approach to all that you say and do as a leader
The course will give you practical tools and actions to begin leading inclusively straight away. You will strengthen your relationships with others, build your awareness of unconscious bias and become a senior advocate for inclusive workplace cultures. You can expect to see the results of a more inclusive culture, both internally and externally, very quickly.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how to work to more effectively with others as a leader. It complements other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is for you if you want to develop as an inclusive leader to improve the way that you interact with other people, the way that you make decisions and the way that you manage performance.
The course material makes up a one to two-day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the assignment that makes up a fundamental part of the course. Your leadership cannot be developed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this. I am here to help and guide you.
The course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant.
What are the requirements?
- You should be interested in ensuring that equality and diversity are considered at all times
- Keenness to learn about inclusive leadership working with robust values to support equality
- An interest in the benefits that diversity brings to the workplace and society as a whole.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Identify how working with equality, diversity and inclusion can lead to better outcomes within the organizations that you work with
- Develop the 6 key traits of inclusive leaders
- Understand how unconscious bias works and how to work with others with bias
- Understand how thinking works; how it can help and hinder you as an inclusive leader
- Explore the best ways to give and receive feedback
- Enhance your leadership capabilities through inclusion and the application of emotional intelligence
What is the target audience?
- Anyone in any workplace environment to help them understand the role they should play in Equality and Diversity and inclusion
- The course is designed for leaders in organizations who are interested in improving the emotional climate
- You will be responsible for leading and managing groups of people to achieve outcomes and enhance performance
- This course will not be of interest to you if you see emotional intelligence has little to offer leaders and you cannot see the point of equality.