Course: Self-Discipline and Emotional Control in the Workplace
You Save: $10.03 (34%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
How you express yourself - your thoughts and your feelings - depends on how you well you share your emotions, how assertive you are and how independent you are.
Self-Discipline and emotional control affect the way that you express your emotions. Emotional expression is one of the ways that you use your emotional intelligence. The course covers the action part of how you share your inner world with others.
This course on Self-Discipline and Emotional Control in the Workplace is a stand-alone course for anyone interested in understanding themselves better and communicating with other people with more impact. It forms part of a comprehensive course that explores emotional intelligence in more depth.
Emotions are not about being soft an fluffy, they are vital to help you to make hard, direct management decisions. Expressing your emotions well can mean engaging with and persuading others with more influence and impact.
In this course, we will explore the way that you express your emotions and how this drives your self-confidence, your assertiveness, and your emotional independence. You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains a comprehensive workbook. There are a series of interactive practical activities that involve some engagement with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two-day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Expressing your emotions more effectively cannot be developed by learning some techniques through watching a few video lectures. The course requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are FOUR practical activities included within the course that is designed to help you to develop the way that you express your emotions. All the activities require you do some work outside of the course.
What are the requirements?
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in how to work with emotions - your own and those of others - more effectively.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Develop your assertiveness to have the impact that you need in influencing others
- Build your independence so that you are less emotionally dependent on others
- Express your emotions and feelings more effectively to have the impact that you need
- Develop the way that you regulate and control your emotions
- Become more emotionally intelligent
What is the target audience?
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to anyone who is looking to develop the way that they express their emotions and feelings. It covers the aspects of emotional expression that leads to the appropriate use of assertiveness and to emotional independence.